Workshop “Applied Biotechnology for 2030 Agenda”
4 – 7 October 2023, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The global development trends according to Agenda 2030 (SDG 2030) require fast and efficient transformation and adoption of green technologies into everyday practice for the purpose of ecologically acceptable industries, wellbeing of citizens, protection of environment and biodiversity amongst all. This meeting represents an opportunity to assemble critical scientific and academic community, as well as governing bodies in order to:
– discuss role of scientific capacities in abovementioned transition,
– oportunity to educate and direct young investigators and recruit future scientists to the
field of applied biotechnology,
– increase national and regional capacities,
– upgrade professional skills in latest gene editing techniques,
– establish new and strengthen existing collaborative networks and
– raise the awareness on individual scientific and citizen contributions to the global goals.
Biotic and Abiotic Stress in Agricultural Production
Green Biotechnologies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 2030)
Microbiome in Agricultural Practice
Biotechnology, Food Engineering, Nutrigenomics
Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Agriculture.
The targeted attendees are young graduates, PhD students and postdocs in the field of life sciences (basic, bio technical and biomedical field) that are in position to contribute to applied biotechnology efforts, academics and governmental officers engaged in research and development planning and strategy implementation. The strengthening of entrepreneurial capacities of youth will also be discussed.
The workshop “Applied biotechnology for 2030 Agenda” will be held in Institute for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (INGEB), Zmaja od Bosne 8, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.